Keyboard Navigation in Menus and Toolbars
Navigate between Toolbar and Menu Items
To switch focus to the main menu, press ALT or F10. The following shortcuts allow you to navigate through bars and bar items. They are in effect when a bar/menu is focused.
|CTRL+TAB||Moves focus to another bar.|
|ARROW keys||Moves focus to the next command in the corresponding direction.|
|TAB or SHIFT+TAB||Moves focus to the next/previous command.|
|ESC||Moves focus away from the currently focused bar.|
Open and Close Menus
To open a sub-menu displayed within a bar, do one of the following:
- Focus the sub-menu (using one of the methods described above) and press the ENTER or DOWN ARROW.
- If the sub-menu's name contains an underscored letter, then:
- if the bar is focused, press the underscored letter.
- if the bar is not focused, hold the ALT key down and then press the underscored letter.
To open a menu displayed within another menu, do one of the following:
- Focus the sub-menu and press the RIGHT ARROW.
- If the menu's name contains an underscored letter, press the underscored letter.
To close the currently opened menu, press ESC.